Dual Scan Protocol for Edentulous Cases Protocol
- Make sure the dentures fit well. If the dentures are ill fitting, do a hard reline.
- Make sure the dentures are clean and dry.
- Place 6-8 radiographic makers on each denture, ideally on the facial/buccal and lingual/palatal surfaces.
- Take a CBCT scan of the patient with the denture/dentures in the mouth. Have the patient bite on cotton rolls to ensure the denture is fully seated.
- Remove the dentures without removing any of the radiographic markers. Place the denture onto the holder and take a CBCT scan. TIP: Reduce the exposure setting to a child or the lowest setting. Also place the denture on a piece of foam and place it on the CBCT holder.
PVS Impression Protocol
- Place 6-8 radio graphic makers to the outside of the full arch plastic impression tray.
- Fill the tray with PVS.
- Seat tray in the mouth but ensure the teeth do not touch the tray.
- Remove the impression when it is set and remove excess impression material, so the Radiographic markers are visible. Do not remove the radiographic markers.
- Reseat the impression in the patient’s mouth. Have the patient bite on cotton rolls to ensure the impression is fully seated, and take CBCT scan of the patient and impression.
- Remove the impression from the patient and take a CBCT scan of the impression. Do not remove any of the radiographic markers.
- Send your CBCT scan of the patient and CBCT scan of the impression to Midwest Digital Dental Solutions with instructions about your case.